Malaysian Qualification Agency: MQA A7158
Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia: KPT R2/725/4/0012)(07/21)
April, August and November
(Coming intake will be on 7th April 2021)
3 Years / 9 Semesters
Local student – RM 36,835
International student – RM 55,205
* The policies, regulations, procedures and fees are subject to change without prior notice of the university.
Diploma in Medical Imaging is a 3 years program. In the first three semester, students will be exposed to the concept of radiation science, anatomy & physiology, radiography technique & positioning, basic pathology, quality of radiography and instrumentation. The second semester onwards students are placed to undergo clinical attachment at various institutions and establishments in the health care industry to expose themselves to the practice of medical diagnostic imaging including general radiography, fluoroscopy, mammography, CT, MRI and ultrasound.
Students will be taught mainly focusing on the aspect of radiographic technique & positioning that cover general radiograph (upper extremity, lower extremity, shoulder girdle, pelvic girdle, thorax, bony thorax, vertebrae, skull and other parts), special imaging modalities include Fluoroscopy, CT Scan, MRI, Angiographic and others examination. The other core subjects include instrumentation, patient care and quality control as well as adhere to radiation safety.
The student will be attached in the hospital at:
- Ward (medical, paediatric, geriatric, orthopaedic), and also accident & emergency department to improve their knowledge and skills in handling and managing patients.
- Radiology department (general radiograph and special imaging modalities) to improve their knowledge and skills in handling and managing basic radiography and special examination procedures.
At the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Acquire and apply basic knowledge on theoretical and practical concepts of biomedical and health science.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
- Performed radiographic procedures with independent judgment and discretion, analyzed the finished radiograph for quality and critically evaluate radiographic and medical images.
- Identify and understand the importance of working in a safe working environment and understanding of the wider applications and the biological consequences of ionising and non-ionising radiation.
- Work as a team with other healthcare professionals and foster good relationships with patients and professionals.
- Apply the knowledge and skills in using the latest medical and clinical technologies that assist and motivated radiographers in their clinical practice.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors that are consistent with the delivery of humanistic, moral, and ethical patient care.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and problem-solving into social tasks, professional and issues related to the healthcare industry and educate patient in term of health
Passed SPM or equivalent with FIVE (5) credits including the following subjects:
- 1 Science subject (Biology/Physics/Chemistry/General Sciences/Applied Science); and Any 3 other subjects;
- Pass Bahasa Malaysia & English International candidate GCE/O-Level or equivalent with FIVE credits (Grade C) in the following subjects:
- 1 Science subject (Biology/Physics/Chemistry/General Sciences/Applied Science); and
Any other 2 subjects- Proficiency in English (Required for those whose medium of instruction is no in English language)
– Pass International English Language Testing Services (IELTS) with a minimum of 5.5 orTest of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) with a minimum of 550
All courses are listed according to the first cohort (April intake). If you are interested to know for other cohorts (August and November intake), fell free to contact our coordinator.
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1
- Third Language I
- Proficiency English I
- U1-Pengajian Malaysia II
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- Integrated Patient Care
- Physics for Medical Sciences
- Basic Health Psychology
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2
- Radiographic Instrumentation I
- Communication Skills for Health Sciences
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 3
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- Imaging Process I
- Radiographic Technique and Positioning I
- U2-Bahasa Kebangsaan A (BM Not credit) / U2-Kemahiran Kepimpinan / U2-Asas-asas Al-Quran (Muslim only)
- U3-Tasawur Islam / U3-Agama-agama di Malaysia / U3-Hak Asasi di Malaysia
- Effective Communication
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 4
- Radiographic Instrumentation II
- Radiographic Technique and Positioning II
- General Pathology
- U4-Green Awareness & Sustainability in Community / U4-Wellness & Healthy Lifestyle
- Imaging Process II
- Proficiency English II
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 5
- Clinical Practice I
- Clinical Practice II
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 6
- Radiographic Technique and Positioning III
- Specialised Imaging Modalities
- QA in Medical Imaging & Image Analysis
- Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health
- Radiation Physics
- Basic Principle in Management
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 7
- Radiographic Anatomy & Related Systemic Pathology
- Radiographic Technique and Positioning IV
- Radiographic Image Interpretation
- Basic Ultrasound
- Human Behaviour
- Professional & Ethics in Medical Imaging
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 8
- Clinical Practice III
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 9
- Clinical Practice IV
- Clinical Practice V
- Clinical Practice VI
This medical imaging program will provide the health care community with a graduate with high skill and knowledge in diagnostic imaging procedures. Graduates of the program may also continue their education to be specialized in imaging techniques such as CT scan, MRI, mammography, sonography and other medical diagnostic technologies. Skilled diagnostic Radiographers are in demand with career opportunities in hospitals, private practices, education, product development, technical sales, and research.